When choosing products to put on you, your baby and family, I believe it’s so important to be mindful of the ingredients in the product (including soap). I am a big advocate of natural products (and use them personally myself). When you use natural products, the body doesn’t have to work as hard to filter all the nasty chemicals.
Our skin is the largest organ in the body. Everything we put on our skin is absorbed into our body.
Functions of the skin include:
- Excretion – eliminates toxins and unwanted wasted products
- Body temperature regulation
- Synthesizes vitamin D
Once I became an Aunty (and whilst studying Aromatherapy), my passion for making and creating products grew. I wanted to create products with minimal ingredients that are very nurturing, beneficial and safe.
With the guidance of my Aromatherapy teacher, I made a Baby Bottom Balm. I gave it to a few new mums, and they LOVE it. It contains only 4 ingredients, and all are organic (except the essential oil).
Natural Tranquility’s Baby Bottom Balm contains
- Beeswax: Helps to soothe easily irritated skin due to its anti-allergenic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is very moisturizing for the skin.
- Cocoa butter: acts as a barrier for the skin, and protects it from outside agents. It contains natural antioxidants, is anti-inflammatory and is a great moisturiser.
- Jojoba oil: contains vitamins A, D and E all of which help to heal the skin; essential fatty acids which helps regenerate skin cells and repairs damaged tissue. Jojoba oil is soothing, hypo-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial & anti-fungal. Jojoba matches the sebum of the skin.
- Roman Chamomile essential oil is a beautiful anti-inflammatory and calming essential oil.
What can the Baby Bottom Balm be used for?
- As the name suggests it can be used for baby’s bottom – especially the sore, red, irritated ones
- Nappy rash
- Dry skin
- Eczema (and possibly psoriasis).
- Cuts and grazes
- I’ve used it as a lip balm
Where can I purchase the ‘Baby Bottom Balm?’
What people are saying about the ‘Baby Bottom Balm’…
The ‘Baby Bottom Balm’ by Natural Tranquility is one of my must-have products for baby. It’s extremely gentle on skin and easy to apply. I use it as a preventative each evening and any time my baby has a flare up. It soothes and removes redness far quicker than any other commercial product I’ve tried. Containing all natural ingredients, I have full trust and confidence in this product and would recommend it to all Mums. I know you will love it as much as we do. Phoebe
Elizabeth’s ‘Baby Bottom Balm’ is an absolute blessing! My daughter is not often troubled by nappy rash, but when she does get irritated it is terrible (especially when teething or ill). I have tried several creams on her, however they never seem to help 100% and need to be used for a long duration. The bottom balm worked so unbelievably quickly. The best things about it are that it spreads really easily, is natural and has more than one use (eg. its great on chaffing, grazes etc). Such a fabulous product, I have been telling everyone about it! Michelle